I managed to pick it up after watching it just the once, and I LOVE IT.
Why finger knitting is amazeballs:
- It's really easy - I would recommend this to anyone, even children. Lots of people online are saying it keeps their children occupied for ages, and it encourages creativity! I am considering teaching it to my Guides.
- It's really quick - Significantly quicker than actual knitting. If you are planning to knit something long and thin, I would definitely recommend considering finger knitting it instead. It's at least ten times as fast.
- It looks good - The end effect is really pretty, it looks as if it was harder and took longer than it actually did.
My friend and I are planning to finger knit as many metre long strands as we can between now and the summer, and then weave them together to make a rug/blanket. Not quite sure how it will turn out!
Here are some finger knitting project ideas:
- A skipping rope - Children will love making something that they can actually play with and use.
- A hair tie or headband - Would look cute tied in a little girl's hair, maybe there are some grown women who could pull it off too!
- Bracelet/ Necklace - I personally think a bracelet would be more effective, but both would be very pretty!
- Party Decorations - Imagine these hung around a room like streamers, and they're re-usable!
- Project decorations - Arrange on a knitted project and sew in place. For example, on a cushion or a bag!
- Scarves - Very thin and fashionable ones. Or alternatively, scarves for dolls or toys.