Thursday, 21 March 2013

My First Post

My first post on my new knitting blog! I've been wanting to start one of these for a while, but until now have chickened out!

My name is Lori, and I'm a 19 year old female living in Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom. I'm currently on a gap year before heading off to York University in September. I enjoy reading, netball and knitting!
I started knitting last year whilst at Rangers and persisted with it until I had finished a straight garter stitch scarf for my best friends birthday.
It's a bit holey, but it's beautiful!

Soon I was knitting phone and ipod cases and other exciting things, but it wasn't until my 19th birthday when I received 'Knitty Gritty - Knitting for Absolute Beginners' by Aneeta Patel (link at the end), that my knitting really took off.

My first pair of mittens were a massive success for me (even though the wool was a bit thin and I didn't weave the ends in properly), I was then a real knitter! 


Check out www.knittingsos.co.uk to discover Aneeta Patel's amazing knitting books for beginners, as well as general knitting hints and tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment